Skip to content
- In 1994 DT Swiss launched the original Hügi ratchet rear hub, a marvel of Swiss precision engineering that set new standards for reliability and quality in the industry
- Today DT star ratchet remains a gold standard for rear hubs but time doesn't stand still and with 25 years of research, development and production experience behind them, it was time for DT Swiss's engineers to look again at the technology DT pioneered so many years ago
- The result is Ratchet EXP, an even more refined and evolved ratchet system, by moving the drive side hub bearing inside the inner 36 tooth ratchet itself, DT have decreased the number of moving parts whilst giving the bearings a wider stance
- The result is a hub that is even more reliable and up to 20% lighter than the previous generation 180 and stiffer to boot with improved bearing alignment and long term durability, truly the finest racing hubs DT have ever made
- As with all top-end DT hubs, the 180's contain SiNC ceramic bearings, the very finest and smoothest competition bearings available and manufactured solely for DT to their specific design
- The extensively machined hub shell, axle and end caps contribute to make these the lightest aftermarket hubs DT have ever made
- As with previous generations, the Ratchet EXP system is designed around a No-Tool system making servicing simple
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.