Designed by pro riders, mechanics and scientists, Peaty's Rim Job has been developed from the ground up as a bicycle rim tape. The super high tensile strength tape is primed with a bespoke adhesive which clings like s**t to a blanket, yet leaves a minimal mess when removed.
An optimum amount of stretch and large rigid recyclable core allows the tape to be pulled and applied with tension, contouring your rim tightly for a better fit.
Do you struggle to find the hole? No problem! Just hold your rim up to the light and the tape's semi-transparent finish will illuminate the way.
Our tape comes on 9meter and 50meter rolls in four different width options - 21mm, 25mm, 30mm and 35mm.
One 9 meter roll will cover approximately:
- 5 x 26" Rims.
- 4 x 27.5" Rims.
- 4 x 29" Rims.
- 4 x 700c Rims.
One 50 meter roll will cover approximately:
- 27 x 26" Rims.
- 22 x 27.5" Rims.
- 22 x 29" Rims.
- 22 x 700C Rims.
- Remove tyre and any old rim tape.
- Clean and degrease rim thoroughly (nobody likes a dirty rim!).
- Ensure rim is completely dry before application.
- Starting at least 10cm before the valve hole, Press the tape firmly into the centre of the rim and smooth out to the edges, removing any trapped air.
- Run tape around the rim while keeping tape tension and allowing for at least 10cm overlap of tape at the end when cut.
- Use a small spike to pierce the tape in the centre of the valve hole.
- Remove dust cap and push valve through the valve hole.
- Apply lock ring tightly by hand, ensuring there are no air gaps.
- Refit tyre, add Peaty's Tubeless Sealant, inflate tyre.