Northwave breaks into the flat shoes market, changing the game with an innovative flat-specific sole system made in collaboration with Michelin.
Northwave are introducing their first flat-specific sole system which will be released on two brand-new models for 2019: The Clan and Tribe shoes.
Northwave Tribe, Where Trail and Urban Meet
With it’s sleek and understated look, the Tribe provides everything a rider needs on a breath-taking trail, and yet still has a unique design that also makes them ideal for urban riding too.
The suede upper with large mesh inserts makes the shoes light and breathable, whilst protection is ensured by the reinforcements with abrasion-resistant rubber prints on the toe and heel and a reinforced toecap, as well as the mesh tongue with tailored padding. The non-stretch laces are easily stowed in the elasticated keeper whilst riding keeping them out of the way of any moving parts.
The Gravity outsole, co-developed by Northwave and Michelin Technical Soles, features the Gecko compound, and builds on design elements of the Michelin Jet XCR tire. The sole’s tread is designed to deliver stability, flexibility, adherence in the medial part of the shoe and control in the tip and heel area, with deeper sculptures for traction and braking power.
• Sole featuring a co-developed MICHELIN-NW compound ensures excellent grip on the pedals
• Suede upper with large breathable mesh inserts
• Reinforcements with abrasion-resistant rubber prints on the toe and heel and a reinforced toecap
• Mesh tongue with customized padding combines protection and breathability
• Non-stretch laces are easily stowed in the elasticated keeper